As the world slowly regains a normal pace as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, what would normally be a resort town heading into its busiest time of summer, Ocean City, MD., is just gaining its wings in re-opening all amenities for visitors to enjoy.
Even though “normal” is returning to Ocean City, business owners are asking visitors to please continue following the Center for Disease Control (CDC) and Occupational and Health Association (OSHA) guidelines in helping prevent the spreading of COVID-19 while enjoying your vacation in Ocean City.
The safety of our guests and staff is our number one priority. To that end, we are doing the following:
• Ensuring employees are informed and following CDC & OSHA guidelines for working during COVID-19. • Requiring masks and gloves for our employees in guest areas. • Continuing to align our already stringent cleaning procedures with the latest guidance from the CDC, and implementing them with increased frequency. • Providing hand sanitizer stations at convenient locations for guest and employee use • Providing clear and frequent reminders to follow CDC guidelines for social distancing and personal hygiene via signage throughout the hotel. • Monitoring guest areas to encourage social distancing and reduce group gatherings in accordance with government mandates. • Housekeeping will not be provided during your stay. Rooms are cleaned once they become vacant. If you are in need of fresh linens during your stay contact the front desk, and the linens will be exchanged at your door.
How You Can Help:
• It is highly recommended that you wear a face mask when around others in public area. • Always keep at least 6 feet between you and others. • Follow proper hand washing guidelines. • Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. • Stay home if you are ill or exhibiting symptoms of flu or COVID-19. • Be courteous on walkways and elevators by allowing ample space for passing and social distancing. • To avoid large gathering in lobby area, we kindly ask only one family member be present during the check in process. Please don’t forget to bring your ID and Credit Card for verification. • To speed up your check-in process you can call 800-641-0011 on the day of your arrival and pay your remaining balance.
The lifting of State Regulations have allowed all Carousel Group properties to re-open and take reservations. From North Ocean City moving south the properties include; the Fenwick Inn on 138th Street Bayside; Cayman Suites on 125th Street Ocean Block; Coastal Palms Beach Hotel on 120th Street Ocean Block; the Carousel Resort Hotel & Condos on 118th Street Oceanfront; Bonita Beach Hotel on 81st Street Ocean Block; Atlantic Oceanfront Inn on 45th Street Oceanfront; and Crystal Beach Hotel on 25th Street and the Boardwalk.
As of last week, all Carousel Group amenities are now open and following State regulations. All Amenities that are open include, indoor and outdoor pools, hot tubs (restrictions), fitness centers and game rooms. The amenities available differ from each hotel. To view which amenities are available at each hotel visit our website at www.CarouselGroupHotels.com.
The Carousel Resort’s list of amenities extends to also include a gift shop, ice skating rink and dining that includes the Bistro available for carry-out and room service, as well as Tsunami Bar & Grill that is available for carry-out and outdoor dining, and the Bamboo Lounge located inside will open in the event of inclement weather. In following state regulations, we ask when walking to your table indoors you keep a mask on until you reach your table. This is the policy at all restaurants in Ocean City.
Crystal Beach Hotel also offers on site dining at the Barracuda Bar & Grill for carry-out and outdoor dining. As well as, the Fenwick Inn will be re-opening OC 360 for carry-out and indoor dining. Stay tuned!
Commonly asked questions and answers:
• Is the beach and boardwalk open?
The beach and Boardwalk in Ocean City are open to visitors. Lifeguards are on duty daily from 10 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. throughout the summer. As with previous years, we do not encourage anyone to go into the ocean when lifeguards are not on duty. Beach rental services are available. In addition, visitors are permitted to bring chairs or blankets and lounge on the beach.
• Are restaurants open?
Ocean City restaurants are open and offering outdoor and indoor dining at 50% capacity. At this time, buffets are not permitted, nor are any self-service operations.
• What is there to do while in Ocean City? Besides enjoying the beach and boardwalk, as well as your hotel’s amenities, outdoor activities and amusements such as park rides, miniature golf, go-kart tracks, arcades and casinos are also open.
• Is your pool open?
All Carousel Group pools are open. Pools are permitted to open at 50% capacity. There is no waiting list or time restriction policy implemented, as the allowed number of patrons at one time has not shown to exceed over 50% capacity at all properties. However, because of the minimal space allowed in a hot tub, we are restricting patrons to 15 minutes at a time.
• Is your fitness center open?
Our fitness centers are open, and are permitted to open at 50% capacity. There is no waiting list or time restriction.
• Is your ice rink open?
The ice rink is open. We ask that you continue to follow CDC and OSHA guidelines while ice skating, and while in the skate shop arena. At this time there is no waiting list or limited time restriction.
• Are there retail stores open?
Retail stores and malls, as well as grocery stores, banks, salons, and others are open. As outlined by the State of Maryland, these businesses must follow proper distancing, sanitation, and hygiene guidelines in place, and in-store capacity will be limited to 50% until further notice.
• Have your events been canceled?
All of our regularly scheduled events are now active moving ahead. The only event that has not returned this year is Camp Carousel. Below is a list of our events:
Free Ice Skating Show July 1 – August 27 6:30 p.m. Every night except for Friday
Free Family Photo Night June 1 – August 31 4 p.m. – 6 pm. Every Monday, Wednesday & Friday
Tropical Lawn Parties June 25 - August 4 p.m. – 8 p.m. Every Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday & Sunday
Barn Hill Preserve Mobile Zoo June 15 – August 31 3 p.m. – 6 p.m. Every Tuesday & Thursday
Free Family Movie Night (indoors) June 22 – August 31 7:30 p.m. Every Monday & Friday
Mermaid Appearances June 10 – August 26 4:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m. Every Wednesday
Free Movies on the Beach June 17 – August 26 At Dusk Every Wednesday
Free Beach Family Olympics June 18 – August 27 6:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
For more information on the Carousel’s weekly events visit our website at www.CarouselHotel.com and click on “Amenities.”
As for the Town of Ocean City’s special events, the events that have been canceled will remain canceled at this time. The Town will continue to assess future event cancellations and will align event decisions with Governor Hogan’s phased approach in his Roadmap to Recovery. For a detailed list of current events, cancellations/postponements visit www.OCocean.com.