Ocean City, MD prides itself in being a family-friendly resort, and one of the most important goals here is to provide free family-friendly activities throughout the year for everyone to enjoy.
We all know vacation is one of the most memorable times a family has to look forward to, but there is always the dollar signs lingering in the background. What is better than to have a list of FREE activities you and your family can enjoy while on vacation?
The Carousel Group agrees, and that is why we strive to provide free fun for both the public and our guests alike. While the Town of Ocean can provide over 100 free things to do in Ocean City, the Carousel Group makes that list in many ways…
Starting with our free activities for the public and our guests to enjoy this summer, Movies on the Beach will take place on the beach in front of the Carousel Resort Hotel & Condominiums located on 118th Street each Wednesday starting at Dusk (June 5 – August 28); bring a chair and a blanket, and enjoy a movie under the summer stars. New this year, Family Beach Olympics will also be held on the beach in front of the hotel on Thursdays from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. (June 5 – August 29); bring the family to take part in sand castle contests, relays, tug-of-war, prizes and more. Tropical Lawn Parties (June, July & August) are held every day except Mondays from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. where live entertainment is held on the patio at the Tsunami Bar & Grill, including drink specials. Last but not least, what makes the Carousel so famous? Our indoor ice skating rink! Every day of the week, except Fridays, a free live ice show will take place starting at 6:30 p.m. featuring the Next Ice Age (June 12 – September 11).
Also – while it may not be free – but still exciting and new this year is a mobile zoo, Barn Hill Preserve, who will be joining the fun on the patio every Monday from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. (June 17 – August 26). They will be presenting friendly-exotic animals, and for just $10 you can hold the animal and have a photo taken.
On top of all that, the Carousel Resort Hotel & Condos has perks for our guests too! Every Monday, Wednesday and Friday in the summer is Family Photo Night from 4:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. (June 30 – August 30); dress up with silly props and pick a fun background to take a picture with your friends and family and receive one free 5×7 print. Family Movie Night is held on Mondays and Fridays inside starting at 7:30 p.m. (June 3 – September 2) where a variety of movies will be played for your enjoyment. We can’t forget the Mermaids! Every Wednesday a special mermaid appearance is held at the indoor pool from 4:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. (June 12 – August 14), which is an event you will not want to miss!
Ocean City as a whole offers so many free activities it hard to keep track all year-round. Besides the obvious – our gorgeous beaches, bays and public parks – there is special events and attractions offered for free to everybody. Below is a list of just a few:
- Listen to the Handbell Festival Concert in March.
- Watch the St. Patrick’s Day Parade in March.
- Watch the kites fly above the beach at the Kite Festival every Spring on the beach downtown.
- Walk through all the attractions of Ocean City’s annual Springfest Festival in May followed by Sunfest in August.
- Attend Sundaes in the Park with a free fireworks show on Sunday evenings at Northside Park.
- Gaze at OC Beach Lights display nightly during the summer near Caroline St. on the boardwalk.
- Don’t miss the OC Beach Dance Party events every Tuesday during the summer on the beach at the Caroline Street Stage.
- Enjoy the Sunset Park Party Nights at Sunset Park on Thursdays during the summer.
- View classic cars during Endless Summer Cruisin’ in May.
- Watch the Ravens Roost Annual Parade.
- Watch the Maryland State Firemen’s Parade in June.
- Watch the annual Ocean City Air Show in June.
- Visit the Greek Festival in July.
- Celebrate the Fourth of July with a free concert and fireworks show downtown on the boardwalk and uptown at Northside Park.
- Gawk at the huge fish being weighed-in at Harbour Island during the White Marlin Open in August.
- Go to the Art XArtistic Xpression Exposition in August at Northside Park.
- Learn something new at The Life-Saving Station Museum’s facts session in summer.
- Visit Assateague Island.
- Visit the 40th St. Convention Center Visitor Center for great information and see local art.
- Go to an exhibit at the Art League of Ocean City’s Center for the Arts on 94th
- Explore the commercial fishing harbor in West Ocean City.
- Learn about the Indian Statueby Peter Toth at the Inlet.
- Visit the 100-year-old carousel at Trimper’s Rides on the Boardwalk.
- Stop by City Hall and view the pictorials of Ocean City’s history.
- Visit the Ocean City Library on 100th St.
- Take in the Ocean City Firefighters Memorial on the boardwalk at N. Division St.
For specific dates for all free activities open to the public and guests at the Carousel Resort Hotel & Condominiums, including movie titles, visit our website at www.CarouselHotel.com.
For a list of all free family-friendly activities in Ocean City visit www.ococean.com/events, where you can also find specifics on all events and attractions.