Not that our beautiful beaches aren’t enough, but longer days and warmer weather give a few more reasons to visit Ocean City, MD this Spring season. Add a happening list of events taking place during the month of April, you now have many reasons to book that Spring getaway!
The most exciting news for the Carousel Group this time of year, is all seven of our Ocean City properties will be open and ready for the 2020 Spring and Summer season. From the Boardwalk to the Maryland-Delaware Line in North Ocean City this includes Crystal Beach Hotel on 25th Street & the Boardwalk, Atlantic Oceanfront Inn located on 45th Street Oceanfront, Bonita Beach Hotel located on 81st Street Ocean Block, Carousel Resort Hotel & Condominiums located on 118th Street Oceanfront, Coastal Palms Beach Hotel located on 120th Street Ocean Block, Cayman Suites located on 125th Street Ocean Block and the Fenwick Inn located on 138th Street Bayside.
With an early Easter this year, the April calendar kicks off with fun, family-friendly events for the holiday.
• The Easter Kids Fun Fair and Art & Craft Show, April 10 – 11, 2020, will be held at the Roland E. Powell Convention Center located on 40th Street Coastal Hwy. The Easter Kids Fun Fair includes continuous activities, games, contests, and entertainment including Benny the Easter Bunny, Easter Egg Hunts, magic & juggling shows, and more. The Art and Craft Show hosts artists and crafters displaying unique and creative handcrafted items including photography, jewelry, lawn and garden decor, wearable art, and more.
For more information visit https://oceanpromotions.info/.
• A little further uptown there is the Easter Bunny Fun Shop on April 11, 2020 from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. at Northside Park located on 125th Street Bayside. The event includes an egg hunt, arts and crafts, face painting, entertainment, game booths, egg dyeing, refreshments, and of course the Easter Bunny. Pre-registration is required.
For more information visit https://oceancitymd.gov/oc/departments/recreation-parks/.
• An Easter Sunrise Service will be held on Sunday, April 12, 2020, from 6 a.m. to 1 a.m. on N. Division Street and the Boardwalk. The service is sponsored by Ocean City Christian Ministers Association, and is open to all.
For more information, contact Sean Davis at 410-289-6573 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
That’s not all!
• Walk MS will be held on April 18, 2020 with registration beginning at 12 p.m. and the walk beginning at 1 p.m. The event is a 1-Mile and 5K walk on the Boardwalk from Worcester Street to 19th Street to raise funds for Multiple Sclerosis research, programs and services.
For more information visit https://www.nationalmssociety.org/.
• Boardwalkin’ for Pets will be held on April 18, 2020 from 9 a.m. to noon on the Boardwalk. Boardwalkin’ for Pets is the Worcester County Humane Society’s largest fundraiser held every year. All money raised is used to care for the many dogs and cats that call the shelter home. They provide everyday care, as well as veterinary care, until the animals are adopted into suitable homes.
For more information visit https://worcestercountyhumanesociety.org/.
• Spring Restaurant Week will held from April 19, 2020 – May 3, 2020. During this time participating restaurants will offer a fixed-price menus designed to tempt your taste buds. No passes, tickets, or coupons are required. Simply choose a participating restaurant and enjoy.
For more information visit https://oceancityrestaurantweek.com/.
• The Ward World Championship Wildfowl Carving Competition and Art Festival will be held from April 24 – 26, 2020 at the Roland E. Powell Convention Center on 40th Street and Coastal Hwy. The World Championship is an international event where carvers, collectors, and visitors convene at the end of each April in Ocean City, MD. From highly decorative works of art to functional hunting decoys, about 1200 different wildfowl carvings representing more than 150 species from around the world can be viewed at the premiere, most prestigious competition in the world. Competitors of all levels -from youth to world champions - compete against their peers for the chance to win a portion of nearly $60,000 in prize money, as well as other recognition in different awards. There are over 40 different divisions in which an artist can compete–decorative life-size and miniature wildfowl, floating waterfowl, interpretive, gunning decoys, contemporary antiques, sculpture, and feathers & fronds.
For more information visit https://www.wardmuseum.org/program-calendar/world-championship/.
• The Maryland International Kite Festival will be held on April 24 – 26, 2020 from the beach on 3rd Street to 7th Street. The Maryland International Kite Exposition will feature three days of kite flying, exhibitions and demonstrations including stunt and power kite lessons, giant kite displays and much more. The festival will showcase some of the best kite flyers from around the world, flying kites of all shapes and sizes. The Town of Ocean City and The Kite Loft welcomes everyone to join in the festivities.
For more information visit https://kiteloft.com/kite-festival/Maryland-International-Kite-Expo/.
• The town turns pink for the Komen More Than Pink Walk being held on April 25, 2020 starting at the Inlet Parking Lot in downtown Ocean City. This event features a 1 or 3-mile walk on the Boardwalk and an opportunity to celebrate survivors, honor those living with breast cancer and remember those we have lost while raising funds for local breast health programs and groundbreaking research.
For more information visit www.komenmd.org.
Look to the Carousel Group for your booking needs, as we offer savings in your stay! Book direct through us by visiting www.CarouselGroupHotels.com and receive 10 percent off your stay by booking two weeks in advance. Also, with the Carousel Advantage receive six free vouchers to local dining, entertainment and more! For more information visit our website or call our Reservations Department at 800.641.0011.